Monday, March 26, 2012

Allergy free chocolate experiment #3

I'm no longer following directions. Now I'm starting to experiment on my own. In this one I added goat's milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cacao butter and cacao liquor.

I also ground the nibs for longer and kept the mortar and pestle warm for longer. Then I tempered and poured into some moulds I have.

The quantity, as you may have guess, is more again. This time I got a tray of shaped chocolates (rocket, flower, heart, squares etc) and a small block.

And it tastes better again. So happy!
Easter chocolate is possible now. Though my arm is again about to drop off...

I used a different arrangement of mortar and pestle after grinding in the grinder so that I had a greater surface area to work with.

When the chocolate became more liquid switched over to this arrangement so I could keep my hands clean (otherwise the chocolate would be all over my hands and not in being ground at all).

I added goat's milk and mixed it in until smooth (those are bubbles).

Tampering. The photo is a bit dodgy as my arm is shaking...

Poured. Just waiting for it to set in the fridge. The less milk the quicker to set so for this one I need to wait. Tastes great even at this stage though.

No comments:

Post a Comment