- 2½ cups rice bubbles
- ½ cup dried cranberries (see note)
- ½ cup dried apricots, diced
- 2 tbsps desiccated coconut
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup glucose or honey
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 tsps chia seeds, black or white (optional)
- Line a rectangular slice pan with aluminium foil, leaving plenty of overhang.
- Combine the rice bubbles, cranberries, apricots and coconut in large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the sugar, water and glucose in small saucepan.
- Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Use a pastry brush dipped in water to brush down side of saucepan.
- Bring the sugar mixture to the boil over a medium-high heat and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut oil and mix quickly until the coconut oil melts and combines.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture into the rice bubble mixture and quickly mix to coat the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the entire mixture into the prepared pan.
- Quickly press the mixture evenly into the pan and smooth the surface using a metal spoon.
- Sprinkle with the chia seeds.
- Set aside, uncovered, for 6-10 minutes to set enough to be cut.
- Use the long sides of the foil, lift the slice onto a board.
- Cut into bars, leaving the foil in place.
- Put the mix in the refrigerator, leaving it on the board and in foil, until completely set.
- Remove the foil and separate into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In all, use one cup of select dried fruits.