Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Best Lord Of The Rings movie quotes for tattooing


It should be noted that while many lines in the movies are similar or the same to those in the books there are quite a few embellishments and some additions in the movies not present in the books. Particularly with regards to female characters, which tend to be merely mentioned rather than featured in Tolkien's works. I have chosen to take lines mostly from the movies as some of the updating of characterisation is more fitting for tattoos to be inked in this day and age.


"From the ashes, a fire shall be woken." - Arwen

"A light from the shadow shall spring." - Arwen

"Renewed shall be blade that was broken." - Arwen

"It’s ours, it is, and we wants it." - Gollum


"There’s some good in this world and it’s worth fighting for." - Sam

"Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer." - Sam

“Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” - Galadriel

“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the Ages of this world alone.” - Arwen

“I thought up an ending for my book. ‘And he lives happily ever after, till the end of his days." - Bilbo


“You shall not pass!" - Gandalf

“All shall love me and despair!” - Galadriel

“I am no man!” - Eowyn

"I know what you would say, and it would seem like wisdom, but for the warning in my heart." - Frodo

"I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. In fact I mean not to." - Bilbo

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf


"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo

"This day we fight!" - Aragorn

"What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?" - Pippin

"I think I'm quite ready for another adventure." - Bilbo

"My precious." - Gollum/Sméagol

No comments:

Post a Comment