Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Best Oscar Wilde quotes for tattooing



"True friends stab you in the front."

"Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."

"Women are made to be loved, not understood."



"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes."

"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation."

"There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance."

"A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament."

"I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best."


"Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."

"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."

"To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect."

"As long as war is regarded as wicked, it will always have its fascination. When it is looked upon as vulgar, it will cease to be popular."

"Everything popular is wrong."


"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."

"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life."

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."

"Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong."

"I am not young enough to know everything."

"A poet can survive everything but a misprint."

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."

"The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast."

"Hatred is blind, as well as love."


"I want my food dead. Not sick, not dying, dead."

"I have nothing to declare except my genius."

"Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess."

"This suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."

"The good ended happily, and the bad unhappily. That is what fiction means."

"Alas, I am dying beyond my means."

"One of the many lessons that one learns in prison is, that things are what they are and will be what they will be."

No comments:

Post a Comment